They don’t call superstardom “the fast life” for nothing—from the big money to the clubs to the cars to the women, it seems like the big names go through everything at lightspeed. Anyone who’s been on the road, however, knows that if you drive too fast, sooner or later you’re going to crash. Pop singer Eva has taken this message to heart, asking her young, female listeners to trust her and Slow Down before they give up their innocence and pay for it later. Always one to speak the truth to the crowds, Lupe Fiasco hopes to get that same lesson through to hip-hop’s performers and audience, as Scott Storch takes care of the typical pop sound and lyrics—that, my friends, is so he can send the message as airmail and spread it all over the world.
Written by Burmy on 09/28/08
Submit your Rating
In Ya Face Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.