Remember how, in his December dual interview with ex-Shady emcee Obie Trice, producer MoSS mentioned that he and fellow North-of-the-border buzzmaker Eternia would be teaming up for a collaborative LP, the first single off which would feature Joell Ortiz? If so, your memory is so good, it’s scary. For the rest, well, he did say that, and this is the track he was talking about. It’s Funny finds the beatsmith serving up a hard-hitting, guitar-organ instrumental as Eternia tackles the “female rapper” issue head-on, demolishing stereotypes with righteous fury: “Your b*tch ain’t as nice as me, ‘cause I ain’t a b*tch; I’m that grown woman that b*tches aspire to be.” While Ortiz doesn’t match the headliner’s pure aggression, the Slaughterhouse emcee’s intricately-rhymed middle bars should leave few unimpressed. Digging Eternia and MoSS’ high-impact brand of retro-informed freshness? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the release of At Last, which hits stores
this June, via indie label Fat Beats.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.