Remember how, in his December dual interview with ex-Shady emcee Obie Trice, producer MoSS mentioned that he and fellow North-of-the-border buzzmaker Eternia would be teaming up for a collaborative LP, the first single off which would feature Joell Ortiz? If so, your memory is so good, it’s scary. For the rest, well, he did say that, and this is the track he was talking about. It’s Funny finds the beatsmith serving up a hard-hitting, guitar-organ instrumental as Eternia tackles the “female rapper” issue head-on, demolishing stereotypes with righteous fury: “Your b*tch ain’t as nice as me, ‘cause I ain’t a b*tch; I’m that grown woman that b*tches aspire to be.” While Ortiz doesn’t match the headliner’s pure aggression, the Slaughterhouse emcee’s intricately-rhymed middle bars should leave few unimpressed. Digging Eternia and MoSS’ high-impact brand of retro-informed freshness? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the release of At Last, which hits stores
this June, via indie label Fat Beats.
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.