Remember how, in his December dual interview with ex-Shady emcee Obie Trice, producer MoSS mentioned that he and fellow North-of-the-border buzzmaker Eternia would be teaming up for a collaborative LP, the first single off which would feature Joell Ortiz? If so, your memory is so good, it’s scary. For the rest, well, he did say that, and this is the track he was talking about. It’s Funny finds the beatsmith serving up a hard-hitting, guitar-organ instrumental as Eternia tackles the “female rapper” issue head-on, demolishing stereotypes with righteous fury: “Your b*tch ain’t as nice as me, ‘cause I ain’t a b*tch; I’m that grown woman that b*tches aspire to be.” While Ortiz doesn’t match the headliner’s pure aggression, the Slaughterhouse emcee’s intricately-rhymed middle bars should leave few unimpressed. Digging Eternia and MoSS’ high-impact brand of retro-informed freshness? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the release of At Last, which hits stores
this June, via indie label Fat Beats.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)