Remember how, in his December dual interview with ex-Shady emcee Obie Trice, producer MoSS mentioned that he and fellow North-of-the-border buzzmaker Eternia would be teaming up for a collaborative LP, the first single off which would feature Joell Ortiz? If so, your memory is so good, it’s scary. For the rest, well, he did say that, and this is the track he was talking about. It’s Funny finds the beatsmith serving up a hard-hitting, guitar-organ instrumental as Eternia tackles the “female rapper” issue head-on, demolishing stereotypes with righteous fury: “Your b*tch ain’t as nice as me, ‘cause I ain’t a b*tch; I’m that grown woman that b*tches aspire to be.” While Ortiz doesn’t match the headliner’s pure aggression, the Slaughterhouse emcee’s intricately-rhymed middle bars should leave few unimpressed. Digging Eternia and MoSS’ high-impact brand of retro-informed freshness? Then be sure to mark your calendars for the release of At Last, which hits stores
this June, via indie label Fat Beats.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.