“Your daddy is my daddy.” While I can’t say that, unlike Eternia, I’ve never had to use that particular phrase, truth be told I wouldn’t mind being a part of the talented musical kinship that is Eternia & MoSS, who are releasing The Half today, their last single before the album drops. While this track shares the similar qualities of swift delivery and clever beats with past releases The BBQ and It’s Funny, The Half brings a more melodious vibe to the table and allows for the listeners to appreciate their work on a more deeply personal level. The duo shine on this homage to half-siblings, bringing along MoSS’ uniquely harmonic, reverb-heavy production for Eternia to share her tribute to the complications of family life: “You ain’t a half, but a whole of me.” If you were drawn in by this openly autobiographical track, I’m sure you’ll be counting down the days until the duo’s album, At Last, hits store shelves on June 29 - at last.
Written by Sigurd on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.