“Your daddy is my daddy.” While I can’t say that, unlike Eternia, I’ve never had to use that particular phrase, truth be told I wouldn’t mind being a part of the talented musical kinship that is Eternia & MoSS, who are releasing The Half today, their last single before the album drops. While this track shares the similar qualities of swift delivery and clever beats with past releases The BBQ and It’s Funny, The Half brings a more melodious vibe to the table and allows for the listeners to appreciate their work on a more deeply personal level. The duo shine on this homage to half-siblings, bringing along MoSS’ uniquely harmonic, reverb-heavy production for Eternia to share her tribute to the complications of family life: “You ain’t a half, but a whole of me.” If you were drawn in by this openly autobiographical track, I’m sure you’ll be counting down the days until the duo’s album, At Last, hits store shelves on June 29 - at last.
Written by Sigurd on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)