“Your daddy is my daddy.” While I can’t say that, unlike Eternia, I’ve never had to use that particular phrase, truth be told I wouldn’t mind being a part of the talented musical kinship that is Eternia & MoSS, who are releasing The Half today, their last single before the album drops. While this track shares the similar qualities of swift delivery and clever beats with past releases The BBQ and It’s Funny, The Half brings a more melodious vibe to the table and allows for the listeners to appreciate their work on a more deeply personal level. The duo shine on this homage to half-siblings, bringing along MoSS’ uniquely harmonic, reverb-heavy production for Eternia to share her tribute to the complications of family life: “You ain’t a half, but a whole of me.” If you were drawn in by this openly autobiographical track, I’m sure you’ll be counting down the days until the duo’s album, At Last, hits store shelves on June 29 - at last.
Listen to More: Eternia
Written by Sigurd on 06/22/10
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.