Introduced to the Booth via Brooklyn emcee-producer J. J. Brown‘s Gender Bender, Eternia is one of an ever-growing class of femcees who can rock the mic as well as any fella (and better than most). On her latest mixtape leak and solo Booth debut, the T-dot up-and-comer gives readers a little more insight into what makes her tick, chronicling her growth from a Foul Child into a full-fledged lyrical powerhouse. Backed by Ant B.‘s stark, organ-percussion instrumental (complete with a hook sampled from the late Big L’s ‘94 debut single, Put It On), Eternia takes us all the way back to her ‘80s childhood, describing her early family life and her musical beginnings as a fifth grader dropping rhymes to impress her classmates. Finally, she snaps back to the present day to explain just how little she cares about the paper chase: “I am too clever, to desire what you endeavor/ No, never can you convince me with rotten cheddar.” Those digging this lyrically-astute jam can hear more on Eternia’s Get Caught Up mixtape when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.