Introduced to the Booth via Brooklyn emcee-producer J. J. Brown‘s Gender Bender, Eternia is one of an ever-growing class of femcees who can rock the mic as well as any fella (and better than most). On her latest mixtape leak and solo Booth debut, the T-dot up-and-comer gives readers a little more insight into what makes her tick, chronicling her growth from a Foul Child into a full-fledged lyrical powerhouse. Backed by Ant B.‘s stark, organ-percussion instrumental (complete with a hook sampled from the late Big L’s ‘94 debut single, Put It On), Eternia takes us all the way back to her ‘80s childhood, describing her early family life and her musical beginnings as a fifth grader dropping rhymes to impress her classmates. Finally, she snaps back to the present day to explain just how little she cares about the paper chase: “I am too clever, to desire what you endeavor/ No, never can you convince me with rotten cheddar.” Those digging this lyrically-astute jam can hear more on Eternia’s Get Caught Up mixtape when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.