Introduced to the Booth via Brooklyn emcee-producer J. J. Brown‘s Gender Bender, Eternia is one of an ever-growing class of femcees who can rock the mic as well as any fella (and better than most). On her latest mixtape leak and solo Booth debut, the T-dot up-and-comer gives readers a little more insight into what makes her tick, chronicling her growth from a Foul Child into a full-fledged lyrical powerhouse. Backed by Ant B.‘s stark, organ-percussion instrumental (complete with a hook sampled from the late Big L’s ‘94 debut single, Put It On), Eternia takes us all the way back to her ‘80s childhood, describing her early family life and her musical beginnings as a fifth grader dropping rhymes to impress her classmates. Finally, she snaps back to the present day to explain just how little she cares about the paper chase: “I am too clever, to desire what you endeavor/ No, never can you convince me with rotten cheddar.” Those digging this lyrically-astute jam can hear more on Eternia’s Get Caught Up mixtape when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.