Don’t be fooled by the name, Etcetera’s far from an afterthought. A Brooklyn based emcee given to fits of boundless creativity, Etc.’s making his DJBooth debut today with the banging Higher, a cut he says is custom made for DJs. First off, the old school-meets new school production comes to us courtesy of Kwame, who Booth regulars probably best known for his work with Beyond Belief (be sure to check Kwame’s verse too, the first time he’s touched a mic in nearly eight years!). Second, Kwame’s quasi-schizophrenic beat is a perfect fit for Etcetera’s off-kilter rhyme style – the only thing he switches up more often than his constantly shifting punchlines is his cadence, which careens from straight-forward rhymes to assault-weapon fast flows. You can love the man’s style or hate it, just don’t call it unoriginal. Those wishing to get even higher (musically speaking) should be on the lookout for Etcetera’s upcoming album Character, set to drop in February.
Listen to More: Etcetera Written by Nathan S.
TSOB/Universal Music Group/Federal
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.