Don’t be fooled by the name, Etcetera’s far from an afterthought. A Brooklyn based emcee given to fits of boundless creativity, Etc.’s making his DJBooth debut today with the banging Higher, a cut he says is custom made for DJs. First off, the old school-meets new school production comes to us courtesy of Kwame, who Booth regulars probably best known for his work with Beyond Belief (be sure to check Kwame’s verse too, the first time he’s touched a mic in nearly eight years!). Second, Kwame’s quasi-schizophrenic beat is a perfect fit for Etcetera’s off-kilter rhyme style – the only thing he switches up more often than his constantly shifting punchlines is his cadence, which careens from straight-forward rhymes to assault-weapon fast flows. You can love the man’s style or hate it, just don’t call it unoriginal. Those wishing to get even higher (musically speaking) should be on the lookout for Etcetera’s upcoming album Character, set to drop in February.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/6/10
Submit your Rating
TSOB/Universal Music Group/Federal
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.