There are Pools Full Of Women out there who can really sing, but picking out the seldom few that have an extra special “something” is a skill every label A&R must possess. Clearly, Last Kings Music has this trade craft, as Tyga’s indie label boasts the ever-talented Esty on their roster. On this, her second Booth appearance, Esty proves why she deserves the support of both Last Kings and you, her prospective new fans. With Jess Jackson’s ambient, shrouded production and a powerful yet feathery style, Esty’s sound will draw some comparisons to The Weeknd. However, her striking, passionate vocals give the song a pop-driven flair, resulting in a listening experience unlike any other. While you wait for the release of her Dark Room EP, why not check out her debut DJBooth feature, July’s Killing Your Ills?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Your Ills" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.