There are Pools Full Of Women out there who can really sing, but picking out the seldom few that have an extra special “something” is a skill every label A&R must possess. Clearly, Last Kings Music has this trade craft, as Tyga’s indie label boasts the ever-talented Esty on their roster. On this, her second Booth appearance, Esty proves why she deserves the support of both Last Kings and you, her prospective new fans. With Jess Jackson’s ambient, shrouded production and a powerful yet feathery style, Esty’s sound will draw some comparisons to The Weeknd. However, her striking, passionate vocals give the song a pop-driven flair, resulting in a listening experience unlike any other. While you wait for the release of her Dark Room EP, why not check out her debut DJBooth feature, July’s Killing Your Ills?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Your Ills" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.