There are Pools Full Of Women out there who can really sing, but picking out the seldom few that have an extra special “something” is a skill every label A&R must possess. Clearly, Last Kings Music has this trade craft, as Tyga’s indie label boasts the ever-talented Esty on their roster. On this, her second Booth appearance, Esty proves why she deserves the support of both Last Kings and you, her prospective new fans. With Jess Jackson’s ambient, shrouded production and a powerful yet feathery style, Esty’s sound will draw some comparisons to The Weeknd. However, her striking, passionate vocals give the song a pop-driven flair, resulting in a listening experience unlike any other. While you wait for the release of her Dark Room EP, why not check out her debut DJBooth feature, July’s Killing Your Ills?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Your Ills" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.