Esty may try to play the femme fatale, but her cool, manipulative exterior is just a cover for her insecurity. On new single LoveLorn, her first feature since November 2013’s Pools Full of Women, the Last Kings R&B songstress admits that her attempts to gain the upper hand over a man in her life have backfired in a serious way. As she puts it over Jess Jackson‘s moody electronic boardwork, “I tried to play games with you, but I’m the type of girl to just fall in love.” Jackson also directs the cut’s official visuals in conjunction with Brazil. For this poignant jam and much more, cop Esty’s Dark Room EP, available in stores and online as of April.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Your Ills" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.