The first and only signee to Tyga’s Last Kings imprint up until recently, T-Dot rhymesayer Honey Cocaine just got her first labelmate in the form of Providence, Rhode Island singer/songwriter Esty (Not to be confused with Etsy, that website where people bid on handmade crafts). While you’d think the newly-signed artist would be celebrating, it seems that recent events in her personal life cast a pall over her achievement; on debut single Killing Your Ills, we find the singer expressing her grief in the wake of a breakup, anguished over the knowledge that her ex is finding comfort in another woman’s arms. On the back, Tyga jumps on Jess Jackson‘s eerie R&B boardwork to offer his latest hire a little moral support, spitting, “What don’t kill you make your stronger, that’s what my mama said.” (Apparently his moms is Friedrich Nietzsche.) While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, fans should keep it locked; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Esty in the very near future.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pools Full Of Women" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)