The first and only signee to Tyga’s Last Kings imprint up until recently, T-Dot rhymesayer Honey Cocaine just got her first labelmate in the form of Providence, Rhode Island singer/songwriter Esty (Not to be confused with Etsy, that website where people bid on handmade crafts). While you’d think the newly-signed artist would be celebrating, it seems that recent events in her personal life cast a pall over her achievement; on debut single Killing Your Ills, we find the singer expressing her grief in the wake of a breakup, anguished over the knowledge that her ex is finding comfort in another woman’s arms. On the back, Tyga jumps on Jess Jackson‘s eerie R&B boardwork to offer his latest hire a little moral support, spitting, “What don’t kill you make your stronger, that’s what my mama said.” (Apparently his moms is Friedrich Nietzsche.) While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, fans should keep it locked; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Esty in the very near future.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pools Full Of Women" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.