Last featured in late December, when she earned lukewarm reader reviews for EP video single Baby Making Love, Ester Dean returns to kick off her 2013 with unreleased loosie How You Love It?. In contrast to the aforementioned joint’s low-key, throwback vibe, this cut is designed for the dancefloor. Producers Benny Blanco and Stargate‘s hypnotic, handclap-heavy beat bangs in the back as the Interscope singer/songwriter gets familiar with a new fella, making clear that they’re gonna be doing more than talking before the night’s over. Industry vet Missy Elliott assists on the guest tip, bringing her usual off-the-wall energy to the closing verse. While this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it will undoubtedly find more to their liking on Ester Dean’s forthcoming EP, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.