Last featured in late December, when she earned lukewarm reader reviews for EP video single Baby Making Love, Ester Dean returns to kick off her 2013 with unreleased loosie How You Love It?. In contrast to the aforementioned joint’s low-key, throwback vibe, this cut is designed for the dancefloor. Producers Benny Blanco and Stargate‘s hypnotic, handclap-heavy beat bangs in the back as the Interscope singer/songwriter gets familiar with a new fella, making clear that they’re gonna be doing more than talking before the night’s over. Industry vet Missy Elliott assists on the guest tip, bringing her usual off-the-wall energy to the closing verse. While this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it will undoubtedly find more to their liking on Ester Dean’s forthcoming EP, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.