When singer/songwriter Ester Dean released the remix to her booty-shaking Drop It Low, complete with contributions from Chris Brown, the response was so positive that her label decided to make it the “original” version, allowing them to bring on Lil Wayne for a “remix,” which in reality is a “re-remix.” Confused? Don’t worry, all you really need to know is that the original’s catchy as hell, Booth acclaimed beat by Polow da Don is intact, along with Dean’s hypnotic hook and Brown’s grown man lyrics, which he of course delivers with near-falsetto vocals. The only real change here is Wayne, who spits a hilarious flow - a Seabiscuit reference? Really? - that sounds at times like he’s almost asleep, or more likely just incredibly high. Drop It Low is off Ester’s untitled debut album, whose currently unscheduled release date will no doubt be influenced by the Booth’s response. Use your influence wisely people, and of course keep it locked right here for any re-re-remixes.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/6/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)