When singer/songwriter Ester Dean released the remix to her booty-shaking Drop It Low, complete with contributions from Chris Brown, the response was so positive that her label decided to make it the “original” version, allowing them to bring on Lil Wayne for a “remix,” which in reality is a “re-remix.” Confused? Don’t worry, all you really need to know is that the original’s catchy as hell, Booth acclaimed beat by Polow da Don is intact, along with Dean’s hypnotic hook and Brown’s grown man lyrics, which he of course delivers with near-falsetto vocals. The only real change here is Wayne, who spits a hilarious flow - a Seabiscuit reference? Really? - that sounds at times like he’s almost asleep, or more likely just incredibly high. Drop It Low is off Ester’s untitled debut album, whose currently unscheduled release date will no doubt be influenced by the Booth’s response. Use your influence wisely people, and of course keep it locked right here for any re-re-remixes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.