When singer/songwriter Ester Dean released the remix to her booty-shaking Drop It Low, complete with contributions from Chris Brown, the response was so positive that her label decided to make it the “original” version, allowing them to bring on Lil Wayne for a “remix,” which in reality is a “re-remix.” Confused? Don’t worry, all you really need to know is that the original’s catchy as hell, Booth acclaimed beat by Polow da Don is intact, along with Dean’s hypnotic hook and Brown’s grown man lyrics, which he of course delivers with near-falsetto vocals. The only real change here is Wayne, who spits a hilarious flow - a Seabiscuit reference? Really? - that sounds at times like he’s almost asleep, or more likely just incredibly high. Drop It Low is off Ester’s untitled debut album, whose currently unscheduled release date will no doubt be influenced by the Booth’s response. Use your influence wisely people, and of course keep it locked right here for any re-re-remixes.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.