When singer/songwriter Ester Dean released the remix to her booty-shaking Drop It Low, complete with contributions from Chris Brown, the response was so positive that her label decided to make it the “original” version, allowing them to bring on Lil Wayne for a “remix,” which in reality is a “re-remix.” Confused? Don’t worry, all you really need to know is that the original’s catchy as hell, Booth acclaimed beat by Polow da Don is intact, along with Dean’s hypnotic hook and Brown’s grown man lyrics, which he of course delivers with near-falsetto vocals. The only real change here is Wayne, who spits a hilarious flow - a Seabiscuit reference? Really? - that sounds at times like he’s almost asleep, or more likely just incredibly high. Drop It Low is off Ester’s untitled debut album, whose currently unscheduled release date will no doubt be influenced by the Booth’s response. Use your influence wisely people, and of course keep it locked right here for any re-re-remixes.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.