When singer/songwriter Ester Dean released the remix to her booty-shaking Drop It Low, complete with contributions from Chris Brown, the response was so positive that her label decided to make it the “original” version, allowing them to bring on Lil Wayne for a “remix,” which in reality is a “re-remix.” Confused? Don’t worry, all you really need to know is that the original’s catchy as hell, Booth acclaimed beat by Polow da Don is intact, along with Dean’s hypnotic hook and Brown’s grown man lyrics, which he of course delivers with near-falsetto vocals. The only real change here is Wayne, who spits a hilarious flow - a Seabiscuit reference? Really? - that sounds at times like he’s almost asleep, or more likely just incredibly high. Drop It Low is off Ester’s untitled debut album, whose currently unscheduled release date will no doubt be influenced by the Booth’s response. Use your influence wisely people, and of course keep it locked right here for any re-re-remixes.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.