DJBooth readers are likely familiar with Ester Dean, who has worked with the likes of Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, but I bet even the most super of fans didn’t know that the singer/songwriter also has voiced characters in two animated movies; Ice Age: Continental Drift and Rio. On the verge of flipping the calender to 2013, Dean brings us the first single off of her forthcoming debut EP, except Baby Making Love is not exactly Disney-friendly. As No I.D.‘s 8-bit influenced beat dances, Dean lets her man know that she plans to rock his world, listing a few of the things they could do behind closed doors. For the song’s visual, the Grammy nominated Dean takes it back to the 90’s, donning a Chicago Bulls jersey, an oversized boombox in the back, and an ode tho the hit TV show Martin. There is no set date for the release of her Interscope-released EP, but as always, keep it locked her for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.