DJBooth readers are likely familiar with Ester Dean, who has worked with the likes of Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, but I bet even the most super of fans didn’t know that the singer/songwriter also has voiced characters in two animated movies; Ice Age: Continental Drift and Rio. On the verge of flipping the calender to 2013, Dean brings us the first single off of her forthcoming debut EP, except Baby Making Love is not exactly Disney-friendly. As No I.D.‘s 8-bit influenced beat dances, Dean lets her man know that she plans to rock his world, listing a few of the things they could do behind closed doors. For the song’s visual, the Grammy nominated Dean takes it back to the 90’s, donning a Chicago Bulls jersey, an oversized boombox in the back, and an ode tho the hit TV show Martin. There is no set date for the release of her Interscope-released EP, but as always, keep it locked her for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop It Low" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)