Call These Boys, the last single off Estelle‘s forthcoming mixtape, fell flat when it hit the Booth last week, leading some (including our own DJ Z) to wonder where the songstress who brought us American Boy had gone. Though some were pessimistic about a return to form, there may be hope yet; the freshly-released follow-up finds the artist foregoing club-ready beats and schoolyard chants in favor of a more soulful, classic approach. AraabMUZIK‘s jazzy piano chords and hip hop-tinged percussion sets the mood as the UK crooner addresses heartfelt verses to a man who’s been on her mind. Come what may, the singer, promises to love him “all the way Till Tomorrow.” Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.