Call These Boys, the last single off Estelle‘s forthcoming mixtape, fell flat when it hit the Booth last week, leading some (including our own DJ Z) to wonder where the songstress who brought us American Boy had gone. Though some were pessimistic about a return to form, there may be hope yet; the freshly-released follow-up finds the artist foregoing club-ready beats and schoolyard chants in favor of a more soulful, classic approach. AraabMUZIK‘s jazzy piano chords and hip hop-tinged percussion sets the mood as the UK crooner addresses heartfelt verses to a man who’s been on her mind. Come what may, the singer, promises to love him “all the way Till Tomorrow.” Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.