Call These Boys, the last single off Estelle‘s forthcoming mixtape, fell flat when it hit the Booth last week, leading some (including our own DJ Z) to wonder where the songstress who brought us American Boy had gone. Though some were pessimistic about a return to form, there may be hope yet; the freshly-released follow-up finds the artist foregoing club-ready beats and schoolyard chants in favor of a more soulful, classic approach. AraabMUZIK‘s jazzy piano chords and hip hop-tinged percussion sets the mood as the UK crooner addresses heartfelt verses to a man who’s been on her mind. Come what may, the singer, promises to love him “all the way Till Tomorrow.” Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)