Call These Boys, the last single off Estelle‘s forthcoming mixtape, fell flat when it hit the Booth last week, leading some (including our own DJ Z) to wonder where the songstress who brought us American Boy had gone. Though some were pessimistic about a return to form, there may be hope yet; the freshly-released follow-up finds the artist foregoing club-ready beats and schoolyard chants in favor of a more soulful, classic approach. AraabMUZIK‘s jazzy piano chords and hip hop-tinged percussion sets the mood as the UK crooner addresses heartfelt verses to a man who’s been on her mind. Come what may, the singer, promises to love him “all the way Till Tomorrow.” Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.