Call These Boys, the last single off Estelle‘s forthcoming mixtape, fell flat when it hit the Booth last week, leading some (including our own DJ Z) to wonder where the songstress who brought us American Boy had gone. Though some were pessimistic about a return to form, there may be hope yet; the freshly-released follow-up finds the artist foregoing club-ready beats and schoolyard chants in favor of a more soulful, classic approach. AraabMUZIK‘s jazzy piano chords and hip hop-tinged percussion sets the mood as the UK crooner addresses heartfelt verses to a man who’s been on her mind. Come what may, the singer, promises to love him “all the way Till Tomorrow.” Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones currently lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.