Estelle’s Kanye West-accompanied single, American Boy, has done very, very well. In fact, the single has done so well that it led her parent label, Warner Bros., to believe it was actually harming the sales of her new album, Shine. In an attempt to make consumers purchase the entire project, as opposed to just the 99 cent download, the label has yanked the album from iTunes. So, where is the added incentive? Possibly in the singer’s newly revamped single, Come Over, which now includes a guest feature from dancehall superstar (and labelmate, cough cough), Sean Paul. Over production from Jamaican producer Supa Dups, the London native addresses a lost love whose qualities cannot be found in anyone else. While Estelle’s musical appeal might work, can the same be said for that of her label? Stay tuned…
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.