Have you ever heard one of your friends say, “The grass is always greener on the other side”? Obviously UK singer Estelle has, because on her second single her eyes are on an American Boy. Of course any trip stateside wouldn’t be complete without a stop in Chicago, or more specifically the “West Side.” Featuring none other than Kanye, the acclaimed MC boasts about his popularity in the UK and throws in some old-English terminology along the way. While Estelle impresses with her vocals, Ye’s electric-guitar beat will have audiences on both sides of the pond enjoying American Boy. Flight attendants prepare for takeoff; Estelle’s album Shine is set to leave the runway in February.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.