Have you ever heard one of your friends say, “The grass is always greener on the other side”? Obviously UK singer Estelle has, because on her second single her eyes are on an American Boy. Of course any trip stateside wouldn’t be complete without a stop in Chicago, or more specifically the “West Side.” Featuring none other than Kanye, the acclaimed MC boasts about his popularity in the UK and throws in some old-English terminology along the way. While Estelle impresses with her vocals, Ye’s electric-guitar beat will have audiences on both sides of the pond enjoying American Boy. Flight attendants prepare for takeoff; Estelle’s album Shine is set to leave the runway in February.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.