Have you ever heard one of your friends say, “The grass is always greener on the other side”? Obviously UK singer Estelle has, because on her second single her eyes are on an American Boy. Of course any trip stateside wouldn’t be complete without a stop in Chicago, or more specifically the “West Side.” Featuring none other than Kanye, the acclaimed MC boasts about his popularity in the UK and throws in some old-English terminology along the way. While Estelle impresses with her vocals, Ye’s electric-guitar beat will have audiences on both sides of the pond enjoying American Boy. Flight attendants prepare for takeoff; Estelle’s album Shine is set to leave the runway in February.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.