Fourth grade. Playground. I’m sitting here, she’s sitting there. I love her. She doesn’t know I exist. I walk up to her. I tell her I love her. Her response? “Eww.” Traumatizing? Yes. Solution? Listening to Estelle’s new single Fall in Love and imagining the beautiful songstress is speaking directly to me. If producer DJ Frank E had been around to offer some of his buzzing synth rhythms and old-school bounce during my grade school years, maybe the songs I played to soothe my heartache would have been more effective. As for Estelle and her efforts to replicate another American Boy level hit, I really couldn’t ask much more from her (that she could give), or from guest artist Nas, whose verse frankly isn’t Nas’ greatest verse ever but works well enough to make Fall in Love an enjoyable listen (and a curer of pre-adolescent depression). Keep an eye out for Estelle’s forthcoming album All of Me – which will feature both the Nas and John Legend assisted versions of Fall In Love – due out soon.
Written by Matty K on 05/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.