On the latest song release off Estelle‘s forthcoming project, the UK songstress implores someone to “Call These Boys,” but I fully expect the boys to do most of the calling. I mean, what guy wouldn’t jump at the chance to date a famous singer who’s collaborated with the likes of Kanye West and Nas? While she played second fiddle to Raekwon on last month’s All About You, she takes center stage on Call These Boys. Here, Estelle displays an extensive arsenal of styles, from catchy pop vocals to a borderline-rapped delivery, atop an equally diverse synth beat by Keith Harris. Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones has yet to receive a spot on the release calendar but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest on the highly-anticipated project.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.