On the latest song release off Estelle‘s forthcoming project, the UK songstress implores someone to “Call These Boys,” but I fully expect the boys to do most of the calling. I mean, what guy wouldn’t jump at the chance to date a famous singer who’s collaborated with the likes of Kanye West and Nas? While she played second fiddle to Raekwon on last month’s All About You, she takes center stage on Call These Boys. Here, Estelle displays an extensive arsenal of styles, from catchy pop vocals to a borderline-rapped delivery, atop an equally diverse synth beat by Keith Harris. Love and Happiness Vol. 1: Love Jones has yet to receive a spot on the release calendar but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest on the highly-anticipated project.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait A Minute" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.