Entry #88 in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of ESSO, the NYC native who recently earned reader acclaim for Michael Jackson-sampling tracks Don’t Stop and View From the Top. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Thinkin Out Loud Again freestyle, the currently unsigned emcee flows over a Pete Rock-produced instrumental originally featured on Red Cafe‘s Heart and Soul. ESSO is currently working on his forthcoming album, Evolved, and will be releasing collaborative tracks with Donny Goines, Sha Stimuli and Skyzoo in the near future. In the meantime, fans should be sure and check out the artist’s newly-released, Woody-produced Off the Wall mixtape, which finds him flowing over beats sampled from MJ’s landmark album of the same name.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Your Life" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.