Can you, like NYC emcee ESSO, lay claim to being Summertime Fly? I don’t know, take this quick test: Are you wearing socks with sandals? Is your swim suit made up of less material than your girlfriend’s? Did you buy those shades from a Times Square street vendor? If you answered yes to any of the above than you’re obviously in need of a serious intervention – we recommend you press play now. Those who take my advice, or those who are already flyer than a jet, will find an appropriately breezy, piano driven beat by Rena1ssance setting the stage, a stage which singer Chase Kennedy steps onto with an ice cream smooth hook. On the rhyme side of the equation we’re treated to lines that swerve from rooftop pool parties (skinny dipping highly encouraged) to extended Family Guy references, and isn’t that all you really need to have the perfect summer? Those in need of even more life advice from ESSO will want to cop his recently released #yandilife project and keep an eye out for Summertime Fly’s home on the Good Morning Neighbor…Hood compilation album.
Listen to More: ESSO Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Your Life" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.