Can you, like NYC emcee ESSO, lay claim to being Summertime Fly? I don’t know, take this quick test: Are you wearing socks with sandals? Is your swim suit made up of less material than your girlfriend’s? Did you buy those shades from a Times Square street vendor? If you answered yes to any of the above than you’re obviously in need of a serious intervention – we recommend you press play now. Those who take my advice, or those who are already flyer than a jet, will find an appropriately breezy, piano driven beat by Rena1ssance setting the stage, a stage which singer Chase Kennedy steps onto with an ice cream smooth hook. On the rhyme side of the equation we’re treated to lines that swerve from rooftop pool parties (skinny dipping highly encouraged) to extended Family Guy references, and isn’t that all you really need to have the perfect summer? Those in need of even more life advice from ESSO will want to cop his recently released #yandilife project and keep an eye out for Summertime Fly’s home on the Good Morning Neighbor…Hood compilation album.
Listen to More: ESSO
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Your Life" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.