Can you, like NYC emcee ESSO, lay claim to being Summertime Fly? I don’t know, take this quick test: Are you wearing socks with sandals? Is your swim suit made up of less material than your girlfriend’s? Did you buy those shades from a Times Square street vendor? If you answered yes to any of the above than you’re obviously in need of a serious intervention – we recommend you press play now. Those who take my advice, or those who are already flyer than a jet, will find an appropriately breezy, piano driven beat by Rena1ssance setting the stage, a stage which singer Chase Kennedy steps onto with an ice cream smooth hook. On the rhyme side of the equation we’re treated to lines that swerve from rooftop pool parties (skinny dipping highly encouraged) to extended Family Guy references, and isn’t that all you really need to have the perfect summer? Those in need of even more life advice from ESSO will want to cop his recently released #yandilife project and keep an eye out for Summertime Fly’s home on the Good Morning Neighbor…Hood compilation album.
Listen to More: ESSO
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Your Life" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.