To succeed in the music game, one needs either tremendous good fortune or some hella fide skills; since underground emcee Esohel‘s a little short on the former (Es-oh-el, get it?), it’s a good thing he’s got plenty of the latter, and, as he explains on his Booth debut and latest single, a superhuman work ethic to boot. Confident that he’s just the breath of fresh air the ailing (in his opinion) hip-hop game needs, Esohel’s not going to stop Pushin’ till the stars fall out of the sky—or, as the rapper threatens on the track, he shoots them down. Over one of the catchiest Chipmunk-soul beats I’ve heard in quite a while (courtesy of Blended Babies and sampled from—anyone know?), the emcee delivers a double-helping of wordplay-packed underground braggadocio in an unpredictable flow sure to grab—and keep—lyrical heads’ attention. Fans can hear more from this relentlessly-grinding up-and-comer on his new, DJ Poor-mixed street album, Up Early: The Slept On, available now online.
Written by richard on 08/19/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.