To succeed in the music game, one needs either tremendous good fortune or some hella fide skills; since underground emcee Esohel‘s a little short on the former (Es-oh-el, get it?), it’s a good thing he’s got plenty of the latter, and, as he explains on his Booth debut and latest single, a superhuman work ethic to boot. Confident that he’s just the breath of fresh air the ailing (in his opinion) hip-hop game needs, Esohel’s not going to stop Pushin’ till the stars fall out of the sky—or, as the rapper threatens on the track, he shoots them down. Over one of the catchiest Chipmunk-soul beats I’ve heard in quite a while (courtesy of Blended Babies and sampled from—anyone know?), the emcee delivers a double-helping of wordplay-packed underground braggadocio in an unpredictable flow sure to grab—and keep—lyrical heads’ attention. Fans can hear more from this relentlessly-grinding up-and-comer on his new, DJ Poor-mixed street album, Up Early: The Slept On, available now online.
Listen to More: Esohel
Written by richard on 08/19/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.