To succeed in the music game, one needs either tremendous good fortune or some hella fide skills; since underground emcee Esohel‘s a little short on the former (Es-oh-el, get it?), it’s a good thing he’s got plenty of the latter, and, as he explains on his Booth debut and latest single, a superhuman work ethic to boot. Confident that he’s just the breath of fresh air the ailing (in his opinion) hip-hop game needs, Esohel’s not going to stop Pushin’ till the stars fall out of the sky—or, as the rapper threatens on the track, he shoots them down. Over one of the catchiest Chipmunk-soul beats I’ve heard in quite a while (courtesy of Blended Babies and sampled from—anyone know?), the emcee delivers a double-helping of wordplay-packed underground braggadocio in an unpredictable flow sure to grab—and keep—lyrical heads’ attention. Fans can hear more from this relentlessly-grinding up-and-comer on his new, DJ Poor-mixed street album, Up Early: The Slept On, available now online.
Listen to More: Esohel
Written by richard on 08/19/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.