In hip-hop as in most other pursuits, a whole lotta Paid Dues stand between a novice hustler and the success of which he or she has dreamed. Esohel, for one, knows the importance of playing by the rules when you’re starting out. Now, however, the Midwestern spitter’s ready to kick back and enjoy the fruits of that backbreaking labor. The artist’s second featured cut (his debut, Pushin, dropped way back in August of ‘09) and latest single finds him dispensing a few hard-won pearls of wisdom to rap greenhorns. Joining him over project collaborator Ricky Dubs’ beat, sampled from Baby Huey funk/soul classic Hard Times, Brooklyn buzzmaker Nitty Scott, MC offers a few pointers of her own on the back end. Feeling it? This head-noddable ode to the hustle is just the beginning of the quality material in store on On Purpose With a Purpose, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.