Sick of Rappers who all sound the same? So does Ezkeerdo. On his debut DJBooth feature, the Hialeah, Florida songwriter and emcee puts his peers on blast for swagger-jacking Drake, Kanye, K. Dot and other currently-popular emcees. His criticisms wouldn’t count for much if he didn’t have a fresh, unique style of his own. Fortunately, the witty trash-talk and sardonic, drawled delivery he exhibits over Infamous and German‘s dissonant beat aren’t about to get him mistaken for anyone else. The cut’s black-and-white visuals, on the other hand, have a slight BLKKK SKKKN HEAD vibe. Still, their grimy, menacing aesthetic is far from stale. Ezkeerdo’s self-titled album has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.