Sick of Rappers who all sound the same? So does Ezkeerdo. On his debut DJBooth feature, the Hialeah, Florida songwriter and emcee puts his peers on blast for swagger-jacking Drake, Kanye, K. Dot and other currently-popular emcees. His criticisms wouldn’t count for much if he didn’t have a fresh, unique style of his own. Fortunately, the witty trash-talk and sardonic, drawled delivery he exhibits over Infamous and German‘s dissonant beat aren’t about to get him mistaken for anyone else. The cut’s black-and-white visuals, on the other hand, have a slight BLKKK SKKKN HEAD vibe. Still, their grimy, menacing aesthetic is far from stale. Ezkeerdo’s self-titled album has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.