Being behind the scenes of the music game is cool, but if anyone in that position tells you they haven’t fantasized about what it would be like to be in the limelight, they would be lying. Few actually make that jump, but songwriter Eskeerdo, who has worked with some of the game’s best (He co-wrote Clique with Kanye), takes a leap of faith on Devils Work, which is centered around a beat of epic, Game of Thrones proportions. As Xplicit‘s beat, sampled from a Ruben Haze remix of the Miike Snow original, cracks like thunder, Eskeerdo’s fiery, emboldened flow shoots like lightning—the perfect delivery method for his hungry, grind-oriented bars. If you’re craving more of Eskeerdo’s goosebump-inducing brand of hip-hop, be sure to keep an ear out for his self-titled EP, scheduled for release this April.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.