Being behind the scenes of the music game is cool, but if anyone in that position tells you they haven’t fantasized about what it would be like to be in the limelight, they would be lying. Few actually make that jump, but songwriter Eskeerdo, who has worked with some of the game’s best (He co-wrote Clique with Kanye), takes a leap of faith on Devils Work, which is centered around a beat of epic, Game of Thrones proportions. As Xplicit‘s beat, sampled from a Ruben Haze remix of the Miike Snow original, cracks like thunder, Eskeerdo’s fiery, emboldened flow shoots like lightning—the perfect delivery method for his hungry, grind-oriented bars. If you’re craving more of Eskeerdo’s goosebump-inducing brand of hip-hop, be sure to keep an ear out for his self-titled EP, scheduled for release this April.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.