An unsigned soul songstress born in Detroit and based in the Windy City, Eryn Allen Kane makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with newly-released promotional single Hollow. On this rueful jam, co-produced by the artist and The Fox & The Mule, Kane addresses an ex-man who fell far short of his glittering façade: “Fool that I am for showing you off, you exotic bird / Fool that I am for not knowing that those pretty, pretty feathers were absurd.” Austin Veseley, a frequent Chance the Rapper collaborator who previously worked with Kane on a FunnyOrDie short titled Sex Tape Day, directs the joint’s strikingly unconventional visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Eryn Allen Kane doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.