An unsigned soul songstress born in Detroit and based in the Windy City, Eryn Allen Kane makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with newly-released promotional single Hollow. On this rueful jam, co-produced by the artist and The Fox & The Mule, Kane addresses an ex-man who fell far short of his glittering façade: “Fool that I am for showing you off, you exotic bird / Fool that I am for not knowing that those pretty, pretty feathers were absurd.” Austin Veseley, a frequent Chance the Rapper collaborator who previously worked with Kane on a FunnyOrDie short titled Sex Tape Day, directs the joint’s strikingly unconventional visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Eryn Allen Kane doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.