An unsigned soul songstress born in Detroit and based in the Windy City, Eryn Allen Kane makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with newly-released promotional single Hollow. On this rueful jam, co-produced by the artist and The Fox & The Mule, Kane addresses an ex-man who fell far short of his glittering façade: “Fool that I am for showing you off, you exotic bird / Fool that I am for not knowing that those pretty, pretty feathers were absurd.” Austin Veseley, a frequent Chance the Rapper collaborator who previously worked with Kane on a FunnyOrDie short titled Sex Tape Day, directs the joint’s strikingly unconventional visuals. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Eryn Allen Kane doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.