If you thought it was surprising that Ernie Gaines chose solo jam No over the T.I.-assisted Sip It for his first single this past January, then prepare for an even bigger shock—he’s already picked the official follow-up, and Sip It has been passed over once again. Having learned he’s been flirting with other women, Gaines’ girlfriend is getting ready to leave him for good—making a last ditch effort at reconciliation, Ernie says he’s So Sorry, and swears that these other ladies were nothing to him. With a percussion-heavy beat by No producer Rich Younglord, So Sorry, believe it or not, is Ernie Gaines’ best chance yet to make some noise nationally. The only question is, will label heads tune in and listen?
Written by Burmy on 02/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.