If you thought it was surprising that Ernie Gaines chose solo jam No over the T.I.-assisted Sip It for his first single this past January, then prepare for an even bigger shock—he’s already picked the official follow-up, and Sip It has been passed over once again. Having learned he’s been flirting with other women, Gaines’ girlfriend is getting ready to leave him for good—making a last ditch effort at reconciliation, Ernie says he’s So Sorry, and swears that these other ladies were nothing to him. With a percussion-heavy beat by No producer Rich Younglord, So Sorry, believe it or not, is Ernie Gaines’ best chance yet to make some noise nationally. The only question is, will label heads tune in and listen?
Written by Burmy on 02/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.