Introduced to the Booth via the T.I.-assisted Sip It, R&B singer Ernie Gaines surprisingly selected a different record as his first official single. Most readers are probably thinking, “What does Ernie have in store that could possibly be better than such a major collabo?” Well, dear Booth-heads, let’s see if we can find the answer. On the record, Ernie remembers a woman who caught his eye, responding “No” when he asked her if she had a man. When she suddenly begins behaving strangely towards him, the Atlanta/Jersey native is compelled to ask her once again. Ernie’s voice definitely steals the show here, but Rich Younglord‘s mid-tempo production helps make No an enjoyable listen. Now that you know why Ernie Gaines made his debut single choice, do you think it will catch on nationally? Let’s hope the title isn’t indicative of the answer.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.