Introduced to the Booth via the T.I.-assisted Sip It, R&B singer Ernie Gaines surprisingly selected a different record as his first official single. Most readers are probably thinking, “What does Ernie have in store that could possibly be better than such a major collabo?” Well, dear Booth-heads, let’s see if we can find the answer. On the record, Ernie remembers a woman who caught his eye, responding “No” when he asked her if she had a man. When she suddenly begins behaving strangely towards him, the Atlanta/Jersey native is compelled to ask her once again. Ernie’s voice definitely steals the show here, but Rich Younglord‘s mid-tempo production helps make No an enjoyable listen. Now that you know why Ernie Gaines made his debut single choice, do you think it will catch on nationally? Let’s hope the title isn’t indicative of the answer.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.