You think your life is tough? Try being Erika Kayne, and having the whole damn alphabet out to get you. On new single ABC’s, her first DJBooth feature, the Cleveland R&B songstress struggles to navigate the soup of initialisms that make up the criminal justice system, from DAs and RS’s to the FED. Numerous and confusing as they may be, these abbreviations all spell one thing: trouble. Atlanta producer Case Boogie provides a piano-led backdrop for the artist’s soulful, darkly satirical portrait of crime and punishment in contemporary America. If this unique jam’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for further singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of Erika’s next full-length, Citizen Kayne.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.