You think your life is tough? Try being Erika Kayne, and having the whole damn alphabet out to get you. On new single ABC’s, her first DJBooth feature, the Cleveland R&B songstress struggles to navigate the soup of initialisms that make up the criminal justice system, from DAs and RS’s to the FED. Numerous and confusing as they may be, these abbreviations all spell one thing: trouble. Atlanta producer Case Boogie provides a piano-led backdrop for the artist’s soulful, darkly satirical portrait of crime and punishment in contemporary America. If this unique jam’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for further singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of Erika’s next full-length, Citizen Kayne.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.