You think your life is tough? Try being Erika Kayne, and having the whole damn alphabet out to get you. On new single ABC’s, her first DJBooth feature, the Cleveland R&B songstress struggles to navigate the soup of initialisms that make up the criminal justice system, from DAs and RS’s to the FED. Numerous and confusing as they may be, these abbreviations all spell one thing: trouble. Atlanta producer Case Boogie provides a piano-led backdrop for the artist’s soulful, darkly satirical portrait of crime and punishment in contemporary America. If this unique jam’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for further singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of Erika’s next full-length, Citizen Kayne.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.