You think your life is tough? Try being Erika Kayne, and having the whole damn alphabet out to get you. On new single ABC’s, her first DJBooth feature, the Cleveland R&B songstress struggles to navigate the soup of initialisms that make up the criminal justice system, from DAs and RS’s to the FED. Numerous and confusing as they may be, these abbreviations all spell one thing: trouble. Atlanta producer Case Boogie provides a piano-led backdrop for the artist’s soulful, darkly satirical portrait of crime and punishment in contemporary America. If this unique jam’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for further singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of Erika’s next full-length, Citizen Kayne.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)