You think your life is tough? Try being Erika Kayne, and having the whole damn alphabet out to get you. On new single ABC’s, her first DJBooth feature, the Cleveland R&B songstress struggles to navigate the soup of initialisms that make up the criminal justice system, from DAs and RS’s to the FED. Numerous and confusing as they may be, these abbreviations all spell one thing: trouble. Atlanta producer Case Boogie provides a piano-led backdrop for the artist’s soulful, darkly satirical portrait of crime and punishment in contemporary America. If this unique jam’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for further singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of Erika’s next full-length, Citizen Kayne.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.