Back in February, Swedish singer/songwriter Erik Hassle made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Pathetic, a starry-eyed electro-funk scorcher won high praise from our readership. Today, the track makes its return to our front page in officially remixed form. In addition to the headliner’s falsetto vocals and the sinuous production of SOHN and Nick Ruth, this rendition of the record boasts a dextrous opening 16 from rising West Coast rap star Vince Staples. Better than the original? As always, I’ll let y’all decide. Whichever you prefer, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.