Back in February, Swedish singer/songwriter Erik Hassle made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Pathetic, a starry-eyed electro-funk scorcher won high praise from our readership. Today, the track makes its return to our front page in officially remixed form. In addition to the headliner’s falsetto vocals and the sinuous production of SOHN and Nick Ruth, this rendition of the record boasts a dextrous opening 16 from rising West Coast rap star Vince Staples. Better than the original? As always, I’ll let y’all decide. Whichever you prefer, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.