Erik Hassle‘s last feature, late February’s Ready for You, found the RCA Records crooner so devastated by a recent breakup that he could barely eat or sleep. Well, I have good news and bad news: good news is, on freshly-released follow-up Innocence Lost, he seems to have found a new woman. The bad? Her mind games are driving him even crazier than his grief was before. An uncredited beatsmith establishes a doleful, yet ear-catching vibe behind the boards, mixing subtly bluesy keyboard chords with resolute brass and staccato synth stutters. In between the headliner’s lovesick verses, labelmate Tinashe grabs the mic to make a guest contribution. Notably, rather than speaking from the standpoint of the woman in question, the pop songstress echoes Hassle’s lamentations, crooning, “She’s everything, my concrete queen.” Fans will be able to find Innocence Lost and many more fresh cuts on the artist’s Somebody’s Party EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers at the top of this week.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.