Erik Hassle‘s last feature, late February’s Ready for You, found the RCA Records crooner so devastated by a recent breakup that he could barely eat or sleep. Well, I have good news and bad news: good news is, on freshly-released follow-up Innocence Lost, he seems to have found a new woman. The bad? Her mind games are driving him even crazier than his grief was before. An uncredited beatsmith establishes a doleful, yet ear-catching vibe behind the boards, mixing subtly bluesy keyboard chords with resolute brass and staccato synth stutters. In between the headliner’s lovesick verses, labelmate Tinashe grabs the mic to make a guest contribution. Notably, rather than speaking from the standpoint of the woman in question, the pop songstress echoes Hassle’s lamentations, crooning, “She’s everything, my concrete queen.” Fans will be able to find Innocence Lost and many more fresh cuts on the artist’s Somebody’s Party EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers at the top of this week.
Written by richard on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.