While time is the only cure for heartache, music is one hell of a palliative. Just ask Erik Flowchild, who channels his own post-breakup hurt and frustration into art on new single Words From a Broken Heart. Released along with visuals by Mr. Asante, this cut finds the Ontario representative pouring out his feelings over the moody production of OneLove. Has this poignant selection struck a chord? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh, heartfelt tunes to be found on Flowchild’s Chixtape II street album, released in January and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.