Erik Flowchild‘s long-awaited Delivery Boy mixtape still has yet to hit the ‘net (the artist’s waiting on a few guest features), but don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s been off his grind. In the meantime, the T-Dot native (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series participant) has been hard at work on another street album, the relationship-themed Chixtape. The project’s first leak finds Flowchild addressing a female who can’t seem to decide whether she’s staying or going. Exasperated with her refusal to fight for their relationship, he throws up his hands in defeat: “Okay, you can have it your way.” GMF mirrors the emcee’s frustration on the production tip, crafting a synth-heavy beat featuring an unpredictable percussion rhythm and a few disorienting sound effects (did anyone else instinctively check to see if their phone was ringing when the chorus rolled around?). Those who like what they’re hearing can find more lyrically-astute reflections on love’s ups and downs on The Chixtape, set to hit the ‘net – you guessed it – February 14, Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.