Erik Flowchild‘s long-awaited Delivery Boy mixtape still has yet to hit the ‘net (the artist’s waiting on a few guest features), but don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s been off his grind. In the meantime, the T-Dot native (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series participant) has been hard at work on another street album, the relationship-themed Chixtape. The project’s first leak finds Flowchild addressing a female who can’t seem to decide whether she’s staying or going. Exasperated with her refusal to fight for their relationship, he throws up his hands in defeat: “Okay, you can have it your way.” GMF mirrors the emcee’s frustration on the production tip, crafting a synth-heavy beat featuring an unpredictable percussion rhythm and a few disorienting sound effects (did anyone else instinctively check to see if their phone was ringing when the chorus rolled around?). Those who like what they’re hearing can find more lyrically-astute reflections on love’s ups and downs on The Chixtape, set to hit the ‘net – you guessed it – February 14, Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.