We all have a few hurdles in our lives that require strength and determination to overcome. If your hurdle is that you don’t have any emotional and motivational hip-hop to listen to, then you can consider that hurdle surmounted, now that Erik Flowchild has stepped into the Booth with the exclusive world premiere of Hurdles. The record might be emotional, but by no means does that mean it is soft, especially since Joe Budden, known for his introspective yet forceful approach, opens the track with a verse celebrating the Hurdles he has jumped during his long career. The headliner hops on KemiKal‘s soulful, scratch-laced (thanks to DJ Grouch) beat second and, once you’ve heard what he’s dealt with (and the determination in his voice), you will have all the inspiration you need to overcome any obstacle. Hurdles is a standout selection off Erik’s upcoming, free album, Child’s Play, due out this Thursday via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/25/14
Toronto emcee Erik Flowchild has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, Child's Play. The project packs a total of 12 original jams from the up-and-coming rhymesayer, including...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.