We all have a few hurdles in our lives that require strength and determination to overcome. If your hurdle is that you don’t have any emotional and motivational hip-hop to listen to, then you can consider that hurdle surmounted, now that Erik Flowchild has stepped into the Booth with the exclusive world premiere of Hurdles. The record might be emotional, but by no means does that mean it is soft, especially since Joe Budden, known for his introspective yet forceful approach, opens the track with a verse celebrating the Hurdles he has jumped during his long career. The headliner hops on KemiKal‘s soulful, scratch-laced (thanks to DJ Grouch) beat second and, once you’ve heard what he’s dealt with (and the determination in his voice), you will have all the inspiration you need to overcome any obstacle. Hurdles is a standout selection off Erik’s upcoming, free album, Child’s Play, due out this Thursday via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)