Can an up-and-comer like Erik Flowchild step to the pros? As far as the 19-year-old emcee is concerned, the answer is “Of course!”—and, in case any of our regulars remain unconvinced after hearing the Brampton native blaze Walk in the Park and the Booth-exclusive freestyle that followed, the emcee’s returned to showcase his even more new-and-improved skills on his latest single, Over Here. Spitting over a dreamy but energetic synth beat by DFS, Flowchild talks himself up in bouncy, braggadocio-drenched verses; it’s clear from the artist’s engaging, expressive mic presence that the time he put into honing his delivery paid off big-time. Tied together with some charmingly off-the-cuff hook vocals from Toronto soul singer PG, this cut has an upbeat vibe that few in the Booth will be able to resist. Fans can find further proof of this up-and-comer’s sky-high potential on his forthcoming Delivery Boy mixtape—though the project has yet to receive a release date, you can rest assured that we’ll bring you all the latest info.
Written by richard on 08/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.