Though female oppression is more frequently discussed, gender norms are often no more charitable to men—and, for black males, the pressure exerted by norms of masculinity is only magnified. On EP standout Boys II Men, Toronto repper and freestyle series alum Erik Flowchild looks back on some of his own struggles living up to societal expectations, spitting over the Peanuts-sampled production of Matthew Burnett. Fans can hear more on Erik Flowchild’s just-released Valedictorian EP, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.