Though female oppression is more frequently discussed, gender norms are often no more charitable to men—and, for black males, the pressure exerted by norms of masculinity is only magnified. On EP standout Boys II Men, Toronto repper and freestyle series alum Erik Flowchild looks back on some of his own struggles living up to societal expectations, spitting over the Peanuts-sampled production of Matthew Burnett. Fans can hear more on Erik Flowchild’s just-released Valedictorian EP, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.