Though female oppression is more frequently discussed, gender norms are often no more charitable to men—and, for black males, the pressure exerted by norms of masculinity is only magnified. On EP standout Boys II Men, Toronto repper and freestyle series alum Erik Flowchild looks back on some of his own struggles living up to societal expectations, spitting over the Peanuts-sampled production of Matthew Burnett. Fans can hear more on Erik Flowchild’s just-released Valedictorian EP, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.