Though female oppression is more frequently discussed, gender norms are often no more charitable to men—and, for black males, the pressure exerted by norms of masculinity is only magnified. On EP standout Boys II Men, Toronto repper and freestyle series alum Erik Flowchild looks back on some of his own struggles living up to societal expectations, spitting over the Peanuts-sampled production of Matthew Burnett. Fans can hear more on Erik Flowchild’s just-released Valedictorian EP, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk in the Park" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.