Is there anyone in the rap game who could hope to fill Erick Sermon‘s shoes? Nope—and, as far as the veteran rapper/producer is concerned, there never will be. On mixtape standout Like Me, the EPMD alum celebrates his one-of-a-kind status over his own low-key, bass-driven instrumental. Too Short echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the closing verse, and Lloyd tops the record off with a smooth, self-assured hook. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on A Breath of Fresh Air, released last month via DefSquadDigital.com.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
Def Squad The Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dodge This" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.