Is there anyone in the rap game who could hope to fill Erick Sermon‘s shoes? Nope—and, as far as the veteran rapper/producer is concerned, there never will be. On mixtape standout Like Me, the EPMD alum celebrates his one-of-a-kind status over his own low-key, bass-driven instrumental. Too Short echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the closing verse, and Lloyd tops the record off with a smooth, self-assured hook. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on A Breath of Fresh Air, released last month via DefSquadDigital.com.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Def Squad The Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dodge This" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.