Is there anyone in the rap game who could hope to fill Erick Sermon‘s shoes? Nope—and, as far as the veteran rapper/producer is concerned, there never will be. On mixtape standout Like Me, the EPMD alum celebrates his one-of-a-kind status over his own low-key, bass-driven instrumental. Too Short echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the closing verse, and Lloyd tops the record off with a smooth, self-assured hook. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on A Breath of Fresh Air, released last month via DefSquadDigital.com.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
Def Squad The Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dodge This" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.