Early next month, I’m going to be celebrating a quarter-century on this earth—and, on the real, it kind of freaks me out. Fresh off hitting the same milestone, Erick Arc Elliott contemplates the course of his life to date and ponders what the future may hold on new promotional single Number 25. As you might expect given the moves he’s been making in the music game, the Flatbush Zombies rapper/producer is pretty damn happy with where he’s at. Over his own mellow boardwork, he spits, “I pushed it to the threshold, despite my failed attempts / To make popular manifestos; was the problem I was only average? / Two years later, now I’m Zombie status / Passport is on the passenger, p*ssy flooding my palace.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but Elliott and his fellow Zombies will be dropping their latest independent full-length, BetterOffDEAD, on Wednesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.