Early next month, I’m going to be celebrating a quarter-century on this earth—and, on the real, it kind of freaks me out. Fresh off hitting the same milestone, Erick Arc Elliott contemplates the course of his life to date and ponders what the future may hold on new promotional single Number 25. As you might expect given the moves he’s been making in the music game, the Flatbush Zombies rapper/producer is pretty damn happy with where he’s at. Over his own mellow boardwork, he spits, “I pushed it to the threshold, despite my failed attempts / To make popular manifestos; was the problem I was only average? / Two years later, now I’m Zombie status / Passport is on the passenger, p*ssy flooding my palace.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but Elliott and his fellow Zombies will be dropping their latest independent full-length, BetterOffDEAD, on Wednesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.