Early next month, I’m going to be celebrating a quarter-century on this earth—and, on the real, it kind of freaks me out. Fresh off hitting the same milestone, Erick Arc Elliott contemplates the course of his life to date and ponders what the future may hold on new promotional single Number 25. As you might expect given the moves he’s been making in the music game, the Flatbush Zombies rapper/producer is pretty damn happy with where he’s at. Over his own mellow boardwork, he spits, “I pushed it to the threshold, despite my failed attempts / To make popular manifestos; was the problem I was only average? / Two years later, now I’m Zombie status / Passport is on the passenger, p*ssy flooding my palace.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but Elliott and his fellow Zombies will be dropping their latest independent full-length, BetterOffDEAD, on Wednesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.