Early next month, I’m going to be celebrating a quarter-century on this earth—and, on the real, it kind of freaks me out. Fresh off hitting the same milestone, Erick Arc Elliott contemplates the course of his life to date and ponders what the future may hold on new promotional single Number 25. As you might expect given the moves he’s been making in the music game, the Flatbush Zombies rapper/producer is pretty damn happy with where he’s at. Over his own mellow boardwork, he spits, “I pushed it to the threshold, despite my failed attempts / To make popular manifestos; was the problem I was only average? / Two years later, now I’m Zombie status / Passport is on the passenger, p*ssy flooding my palace.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but Elliott and his fellow Zombies will be dropping their latest independent full-length, BetterOffDEAD, on Wednesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.