Early next month, I’m going to be celebrating a quarter-century on this earth—and, on the real, it kind of freaks me out. Fresh off hitting the same milestone, Erick Arc Elliott contemplates the course of his life to date and ponders what the future may hold on new promotional single Number 25. As you might expect given the moves he’s been making in the music game, the Flatbush Zombies rapper/producer is pretty damn happy with where he’s at. Over his own mellow boardwork, he spits, “I pushed it to the threshold, despite my failed attempts / To make popular manifestos; was the problem I was only average? / Two years later, now I’m Zombie status / Passport is on the passenger, p*ssy flooding my palace.” This record isn’t part of a larger project, but Elliott and his fellow Zombies will be dropping their latest independent full-length, BetterOffDEAD, on Wednesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.