Eric Sosa isn’t new to the Booth, but it’s been a minute, so allow me to recap: way back in April 2010, the Queens repper introduced himself with promo cut The Heart, showcasing a dense, referential lyrical style that screamed for repeat spins. Though his bars were catnip for the hardcore heads, you wouldn’t expect such a knotty mic approach to play well on a more inspirational, pop-oriented jam. But you’d be wrong—making its world premiere in its finished form, new single One You finds Sosa tackling more emotional subject matter without sacrificing one iota of intellectual depth. Over the chilled-out synth stylings of Arbz the Wolf (one-half of Elite Entourage), the emcee drops motivational verses that drip with allusive wit from bar one “My peers told me the world was mine, while watching Tom chase Jerry(Jheri) with a curling iron…” Eclectic R&B buzzmaker Rocki Evans ties it all together, contributing the requisite dose of smoothness to the chorus. Sosa’s forthcoming, yet-untitled debut album, has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for further details! In addition, the artist will be celebrating the release of his first single to iTunes tomorrow, September 1, with a party at NYC’s New Era flagship store.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.