What is Eric Sosa all about? On his first Booth feature, a promo single originally released back in December of 2009, the Queens native gets to The Heart of the matter. Unusually-named producer ehT Mills mans the boards on this old school-informed jam, serving up a smooth, soul-sampled mix of guitar and strings as Sosa introduces us to his uniquely scatterbrained, analogy-packed lyrical style. In addition to boasting of having “a game tight enough to bring Atari back, he effortlessly drops some of the dopest polysyllabic rhymes I’ve heard in a while, “Funny, but no games; how do you expect to make money with no change? / Dummy with no brains…” His free-associated bars may raise more questions than they answer, but it all adds up to a track that’ll undoubtedly leave retro-minded heads intrigued. Could Eric Sosa come to stand alongside longtime fave K. Sparks as one of the best rising talents Queens has to offer? For now we can only speculate. As always, though, keep it locked for all the latest!
Written by richard on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.