What is Eric Sosa all about? On his first Booth feature, a promo single originally released back in December of 2009, the Queens native gets to The Heart of the matter. Unusually-named producer ehT Mills mans the boards on this old school-informed jam, serving up a smooth, soul-sampled mix of guitar and strings as Sosa introduces us to his uniquely scatterbrained, analogy-packed lyrical style. In addition to boasting of having “a game tight enough to bring Atari back, he effortlessly drops some of the dopest polysyllabic rhymes I’ve heard in a while, “Funny, but no games; how do you expect to make money with no change? / Dummy with no brains…” His free-associated bars may raise more questions than they answer, but it all adds up to a track that’ll undoubtedly leave retro-minded heads intrigued. Could Eric Sosa come to stand alongside longtime fave K. Sparks as one of the best rising talents Queens has to offer? For now we can only speculate. As always, though, keep it locked for all the latest!
Listen to More: Eric Sosa
Written by richard on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.