What is Eric Sosa all about? On his first Booth feature, a promo single originally released back in December of 2009, the Queens native gets to The Heart of the matter. Unusually-named producer ehT Mills mans the boards on this old school-informed jam, serving up a smooth, soul-sampled mix of guitar and strings as Sosa introduces us to his uniquely scatterbrained, analogy-packed lyrical style. In addition to boasting of having “a game tight enough to bring Atari back, he effortlessly drops some of the dopest polysyllabic rhymes I’ve heard in a while, “Funny, but no games; how do you expect to make money with no change? / Dummy with no brains…” His free-associated bars may raise more questions than they answer, but it all adds up to a track that’ll undoubtedly leave retro-minded heads intrigued. Could Eric Sosa come to stand alongside longtime fave K. Sparks as one of the best rising talents Queens has to offer? For now we can only speculate. As always, though, keep it locked for all the latest!
Listen to More: Eric Sosa
Written by richard on 04/7/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.