As fervently as some seek physical perfection through surgical means, no doctor alive can reproduce the fine brushstrokes of natural beauty. On album lead single Picture Perfect, Summertime Anthem singer/songwriter Eric Roberson addresses a female he finds flawless in every way. Over a Aaron Hardin and Slimkat78‘s silky, piano-led production, B.L.U.E Erro Soul/EOne compliments the Good Lord’s draughtsmanship, telling the apple of his eye: “I couldn’t draw you better.” (At least, I’m assuming that’s a compliment—Roberson could just be terrible at drawing.) More confident in his artistic abilities, guest spitter Phonte admits that “I ain’t formally trained, I’m just drawing from experience.” but gets down to work anyways—the result, according to the Little Brother alum, is reminiscent of “a Rembrandt or a Matisse.” So, is this record a priceless work of art, or is it sounding a little sketchy? I think I know the answer but, as always, Booth readers get the final say. If you’re digging it, you can purchase the record now on iTunes, as well as copping the soul veteran’s eighth studio album, Mister Nice Guy, when it hits record stores and online retailers October 11.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
B.L.U.E Erro Soul/EOne
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Could Be the Night" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.